View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
Celti

Default Re: Pyramid #3/100: Pyramid Secrets

Love love love this issue.

Impulse Control I'm very happy to see finally in print, and I'll be expanding my group's already-heavy use of IP to include what it offers. As I and one of my players were reading it, we both looked at each other and said the same character's name when looking at the Big Entrance option.

Infinite Weapons I would have bought just for the stats on the CAWS alone, and has several other (a)historical gems besides.

The Galactic Operations Directorate is a great in-depth look into the world of UT's vignettes — though I'm not sure I'd want to play in it, it's fun to read.

Fashion Forward comes with impeccable timing, just as I'm working on a cyberpunk game. i do have one minor quibble — the clothing weights offered in there seem to be pegged at the Basic Set's clothing weights, while High-Tech says TL8+ clothing is half that weight thanks to modern fabrics. Still, it's easy enough to say the weights of listed garments can vary from 50% to 200% the listed value based on the fabric and the cut.

Gods of Commerce offers a nice expansion to the selection of deific portfolios available, and I've already got a character in mind to use it for the next DF game I wind up in. Hafta convince the GM to use Traits for Town from a previous issue, though...

Realistic Injury, Expanded is going to see regular use, but I think poor Bruno is going to go crazy trying to fit yet more hit location effects into her wonderful hit location cheat-sheet (time for a page 3?).

Briefly, an Adventure... well, nothing my group does is ever brief, and we still manage to hold marathon eight-ten-twelve-fifteen-hour gaming sessions on an almost-weekly basis, even after more than ten years of this. Still, there are valuable points to mine here.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote