View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Pleh

Default Friendship Potion and the end of combat

Okay, so last night I was playing classic Munchkin with the Unnatural Axe and Clerical Errors expansions.

I was level 9 in combat with a monster (I really can't remember what it was and it isn't very important to the question) and I was winning by a lot. The only thing anyone could do to stop me was to play Friendship Potion on me to remove the monster from combat.

I happened to have a Wandering Monster card and Crabs in my hand, so I tried to play it on myself to continue the combat and win, but my friends said that Friendship Potion ends combat immediately. I disagreed vehemently, arguing that if I had played Friendship Potion on a monster that I was losing to, they would still have 2.6 seconds to wander a monster in. But the entire table was against me, so I let it pass.

Searching the forum and FAQ, it appears that the official standing supports my position that no card immediately ends combat unless it specifically says so. I just looked up the card and I saw nothing on the card that would imply that it has that power. It only says that it removes all monsters from combat and that I am free to loot the room.

It is worth mentioning that their original Munchkin deck is from the 1st edition and doesn't have all the updated rules (their expansions, however, are new). I'm not sure if Friendship Potion was a card which had its rules changed.

So what say you? Did I lose a game I should have won, or were my friends right?