View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #18
Varyon

Default Re: Suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Yeah, I've tried to rationalize it like this, the problem is that canonically training a Marine is literally training; Barracks have neural resocialization chambers which puts recruits through some kind of instant bootcamp in 25 seconds.
Well, that's unfortunate. If I ever opt to run a GURPS game set in that universe, I'll just assume the canon on that topic is wrong. Probably not worth derailing this thread any further, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtheobviouspseudonym View Post
Anyone concerned with the nuts/bolts aspects of pre-industrial military logistics needs to look at Alexander the Great and the Logistics of the Macedonian Army, Donald W. Engels (Author), 1980. Despite the title the information on foraging for, transporting, and requisitioning (read "extorting") supplies of food, equipment, and weapons is transferable across a great deal of centuries.
On that topic, does Mass Combat have any information on capturing enemy supplies? Maintenance and logistics costs can drop markedly if you're able to live off of what you get from the enemy.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote