View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #12
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS: Adapting the Duel of Wits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'd love to have some GURPS mechanics that would do the same thing for social interactions - that way, I could run a campaign that emphasized social stuff rather than fighting, but was still tactically dense, with the game mechanics doing a lot of the storytelling work for us, as above.
Oh that is the first time I actually was convinced social combat might be a good idea!
right now it involves a lot of creativity on both the GM and players side or routine dice rolling.
I can see an article where you add a table of random modifiers for things that are come up with and possibly skill modifiers that can be used like in the Technique article.

The Quick Contest mechanic is a good fast option but I like more detailed ones to be available. We have that for combat and Technical Grappling gave them to us for Grappling, something for Social situations would be cool.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote