View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Donations on my blog?

I don't know if this would be an appropriate place to ask this question, but I figured that the people here would have an answer, or at least have me moved to the correct place.

Quote:
Let us say that I have a site that I accept donations on, but I want to talk about GURPS there and my GURPS games and try to entice people to play GURPS. Is this fair? I would not be selling anything, but I am trying to bring in donations. It is a little blog that I have and I mostly talk about the novels that I am in the process of writing, but GURPS is a huge part of my life, and I also use it as a tool to help me write (in the way of balancing characters and doing what I can to make things realistic). So I like to talk about GURPS. I like to share my own custom creations, my own characters, and my own adventures/campaigns concerning GURPS. Am I in the legal right to do so? If so, where is the line drawn? And is that a universal thing that as long as I'm not selling it, I can talk about it, and accept donations? I would rather just be safe than sorry.
That is the email that I just sent to the online policy support. I am really impatient so I am asking here as well. If I do not get an answer here or there, I will be calling my uncle tomorrow to see if he can shed any light on my situation.

Thank you all so much!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote