View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Nautilust

Default [Monster Hunter] Help With Character Generation, Part 2. The Player's Strike Back.

Hello, and thank you for your help in creating my character. I posted my character so far on our Obsidian Portal forum, and the other players were amazed by it. They had no idea you could do something like start out with one of the Templates and end up with a character like mine. They quickly asked me to help them make character's like mine. I took the job because i don't have a job or a life, and the other 2 players have jobs, and kids and stuff to deal with.

So exposition over, sort of, let's start with player #2. Player #2 has been playing an Occultist. She settled on this because the GM basically told the players they had to choose a template and stick with it because they are new to roleplaying. Whereas he told me to do what I wished because i've been gaming for years and know a little bit about the system.

Anyways what she really wanted was something between the Gifted Template and the Occultist. She wants to have the supernatural abilities of the Gifted Template from the Mysticism List all pertaining to spirits (Spirit Channeling, Spirit Communication 2, Spirit Empathy, Supernatural Sense 1 or 2, and of course Ghost Weapon for dealing with those pesky evil spirits.) With the occult knowledge and research skills of the Occultist. I told her I wasn't sure IF this was possible but I would see what I could do.

I'm not even sure how to approach this one. I'm basically trying to squeeze extra advantages into a Template that's built around skills.

Character Idea: She was born and raised in an Native American reservation, from an early age she was fascinated by the occult and tried her hardest to be trained as a Medicine Woman and was accepted as an apprentice. She was taught how to communicate with spirits and how to heal the sick of her tribe. Before she could officially become a Medicine Woman, an agency named The Knights of St. George reached their hand out to her. They offered her further training and knowledge of the occult in return for her service as an agent. She was trained for several years and moved from Chapter to Chapter before landing in Pennsylvania, where she met "Nautilust" (My Character). A new recruit, he showed alot of promise and they became fast friends. 2 years later they are ready for their first mission as Agents.

My first thought is to start out with the Occultist Template and Operative Lense (Ignoring buying Patron, we get that for basically free.)

That would be 60 points for Advantages, almost enough to buy everything she wants; and 16 points for Know Thy Enemy skills, about what she wants. She wants atleast 1 or 2 points in every Know Thy Enemy Category she would be happy with more. Then reduce DX and increase ST because she needs a 12 to wield the Ruger Super Redhawk without Penalty.

Last edited by Nautilust; 09-19-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Nautilust is offline   Reply With Quote