View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Lore Question: What factions use what minis?

Interesting! I knew about the Sheffield plant, but not how widespread that kind of "conscription" was...but did see from the metals that the Legionnaire/Huscarl are vastly different sculpts, removing the conning tower and etc, which is something filed away in the back of my mind.

Thanks for the education so far, and in advance for any yet to come.

I know Ogre isn't as picky as something like Heavy Gear or Warhammer when it comes to "Sorry, you used Kaiser Gray instead of Empire Gray, that whole unit can't take part in the battle because it's painted wrong". The whole impetus is aiming to have a bunch of stuff I can bust out at conventions to make long-time fans squee at seeing their favorite obscure faction on the table, while being visually distinct enough for "Assault on Monopolis" (I think that's what it was called) style events with no doubts as to what unit belongs to what player.

Not to mention, I'll be grinning from ear to ear the first time I sit down for a demo and an excited little girl asks to play as the pink team.

I suppose then that makes the question of the day "official" color schemes for various factions...knowing that Ogres are unique personalities, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pink Mk.V floating about somewhere wondering where its duckling GEVs got to (Hi Drew!), but I doubt that conventional units get that kind of latitude outside of mercenary units.

Here's what I found, between Google, W23, and sussing them out from looking at the counter sheets from ODE (thanks Offsides for the idea)...speaking of, I should snag a copy some day just for the excess of it all...I wonder if that one forum member that used to have a game store has any left.
  • Combine: Red/White (O6E Counters, W23)
  • PanEuro: Blue/Yellow (ODE Counters)
  • Vatican Guard: Purple/Yellow (Sponsored Counters)
  • Nihon Empire: Silver/Red, or Silver/Blue? Hard to make out (Sponsored Counters)
  • ???: Black/Gray, Black/Green (Nightfall sponsored counters)
  • Any I missed? I see some fluff mentioning China, India, Australia, etc, but can't find anything on them.

The rest seem to be various camo schemes and such...aside from Ben's yellow force, which looks gorgeous. Such a pain in the neck color to work with, and he absolutely nailed it. His Blue / Turquoise looks wonderful as well.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote