View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
Bruno

Default Re: Hidden Rolls & Luck

I just do what the book tells me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck, Basic Set page 66
If the GM is rolling in secret (e.g., to see if you notice something), you may tell him you are using your Luck ahead of time, and he must roll three times and give you the best result.
If it's for the kind of hidden roll where they don't have any clue that something's going on at all, it's the kind of roll where I frankly don't feel like they should be able to use normal Luck - Luck doesn't give you permission to reach over the GMs screen and reroll anything that might ever accidentally interact with your character, and I prefer to draw the line rather short of that extreme.

Some of the super-enhanced Wishing etc Lucks are more aggressive, but they're active powers - the player isn't targeting "dice", the character is targeting another character. If the character isn't aware of the action, they can't mess with the result. If the character is aware of the action but don't fully know the circumstances, they can jinx it but they may be making a mistake - you'll need omniscience to avoid mistakes due to lack of intel :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote