View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: [Fantasy][Powers] Wendigo Possession in Unkillable Spirit Form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
That's a big part of my issue, because that's how I read it too... letting the thing float around in an incorporeal, untrappable, indestructible form, all the while able to observe people (very useful in and of itself) and use mental abilities (like Mind Control) should be worth a major enhancement to Unkillable 3, maybe even on the order of +300%, if there even is a fair value for what'd amount to total invulnerability to all damage whilst being able to affect the world around you. But there's no enhancement that would justify this for the build working so differently from the RAW (worse yet, it saves points on the Reincarnation limitation which isn't even a limitation because it seems to get the ability to transform its new possessed victim into an exact copy of its old form).
I bought something similar with AF and reicpirical rest.
This does what I bought the AF to do so I see your point. I would not call it indestructible however.
The way I would run it is kill physical form and it releases the spirit form but that is in shock and took the damage so needs to heal.
Once it heals then it is aware and can use its howl to try and possess someone. But at this point is a normal spirit and can be attacked that way.

If I were to build the Wendigo I would build it as a spirit with spiritual possession and Unkillable.
But thats a lot of hindsight under the bridge so I dont fault the early design.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote