View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 04:09 PM   #5
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: My VPN is banned!

I don't claim to be an expert on this. But as it was cut off then restored, here's my suspicion.

My suspicion is that the particular IP address NordVPN was using at the time was blocked. That could be because someone else who had used that IP address had caused problems. Wikipedia used to work that way as well. Now, they block an entire range, unless you get personally cleared to use a VPN to edit Wikipedia.

You may well know NordVPN gives the option of choosing a connection or letting the service do it for you.

To me, we live in a weird time. I know this differs by country. But in current America, if you want a secure and private Internet connection, if you don't want corporations spying on you and selling your data--then you look suspicious.

And I remember the first time after COVID-19 hit that I went to my bank to withdraw money. Telling a bank teller to give me money while I was wearing a mask....
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote