View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #8
newton

Default Re: Oddball Skill-Chip Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
I actually find this idea not only plausible in a serious campaign but also really insidious. You just naturally find yourself at the right place at the right time without thinking about it and all you have to do is install a piece of hardware that feeds data directly into your memory and nervous system. Angelnet also requires constant updates from your software through your wireless network and updates from your internal GPS transponder, but it's a small amount of bandwidth to pay to always be right where you're supposed to be when you need to be. Never mind that a lot of users develop unhealthy obsessions or make sudden and radical life changing decisions without warning.

"My best friend Maria got Angel Net, won the lottery and had an unsettling obsession with New Mexico. She moved there and immediately got a job with Nolambi."

"That's so weird, Both of my Brothers work for Nolambi, they got accepted into a Corp tech program the day after they got Angelnet and they both moved to New Mexico right after they graduated. Damon married this amazing woman he met working at the company, and Clay just got signed by a recording label.."
even more insidious is what the company can do after they get a lot of people to sign on... and they now functionally have puppets
newton is offline   Reply With Quote