View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #17
chandley

Default Re: Remove armor by force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I think those rules are meant to be used for damaging articulations and the like of rigid armor, and aren't meant for use with flexible armor at all (they match the rules for denting articulations reasonably well, and "crippling" someone's arm by damaging their mail sleeves makes no real sense to me). I would certainly raise an eyebrow at the possibility of a normal human ripping mail apart with his bare hands in a matter of seconds!
Not sure a normal human COULD do it. At 1d-2 CP, it is pretty tough to regularly generate the 5 CP you need to cause just 2 HP of damage. This is an option for the very strong.

That said, I see what you refer to, but referring to the previous paragraph on p.8 (where spending CP you have built up by grabbing at armor or clothing can cause damage to the armor or clothing), and then doing a reality test where I grab my shirt and pull, it seems that you SHOULD be able to grab armor and tear at it. Whether you are strong enough to really do damage (and remember, CP is capped at the max you can roll, so ST 10 man can at best slip 1 HP of damage past the DR 4/2 mail's DR) is already accounted for in the rules.

So, separate from damaging the articulation of rigid armor, it seems that the very strong should be able to tear armor apart. The same basic setup should apply (you have to get a hold of the armor itself, apply CP, spend CP for damage, and get past DR). All seems to follow really.