View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
Plane

Default Re: Cosmic: ST-Based + Cone + Corrosion + Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
I could see this being a special case of Follow Up: Any Weapon where the base damage is the weapon's damage and the IA adds onto that.
PU4p14's "universal" perhaps?

You normally can't take range modifiers if you took Follow-Up... you need to just take whatever package comes with a carrier...

But in this case I'm wondering if maybe allowing "reduced range" or "melee" would be appropriate, to limit the circumstances of weapons which your follow-up benefits.
(and maybe even further like 'requires components' if only a certain type of weapon worked at that range, like staffs only, swords only, etc)

Maybe in the other direction too, if you're able to apply them to really long-range mundane weapons like sniper rifles?

It's not a huge concern since x3 for +20% at 300 yards or x10 for +40% at 1000 yards covers a lot of weapons as we currently know them, but +50% (added to ANY range) is going to get super powerful in Ultra-Tech settings.

The 1986 world record for longest object toss is over 1200ft (300 yards) for an aerobie so that would also lead to some funny situations, namely the 'free delay' you're going to get for the travel time of your slow weapon attack.

Makes me wonder where we draw the line on what a "weapon attack" is. Like you can add your attack to spitballs, snowballs, pies, tomatoes?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote