View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
Plane

Default Re: Cosmic: ST-Based + Cone + Corrosion + Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
(Holy Explosion in Final Fantasy Tactics)
a Corrosion Attack with ST-Based, Overhead, and Cone
aka Divine Ruination?
聖光爆裂破
Seikou Bakuretsu Ha
Holy Light Explosive Break
are you emulating the "Confuse" effect because "acid is eating my face" is distracting? I don't think it actually lowers armor class in game...

Quote:
ST-Based can't be on corrosion attacks
I figure best bet is to use Crushing as carrier and make Corrosive a Follow-Up, but then that makes me wonder if it would still be able to deplete DR.

Quote:
Instead of using your thrust or swing, you must use a muscle-powered (melee?) weapon and you use any of it's damage modes, including how you use the weapon (if you had a polearm, you'd need room to swing it).
PU4p10?

Quote:
The downsides of requiring not just a weapon but needing to use the weapon probably evenly weigh the extra damage (and MinST further keeps you from using absurdly powerful weapons).
Having the weapon doesn't cost you anything, but being able to enhance it in some way is at least a perk, even if you take enough limitations to otherwise make it 0% net modifiers.

This is one case where I think it's important to split up the "Insubstantial Only -30%" enhancement into "Affects Insubstantial +20%" and "Not Substantial -50%" because of how Modifying Existing Damage: Melee Weapons works

1/5 value on limitations would reduce -50% to -10%, so the net in this case would be +10% to be able to stab ghosts at will, not a perk! The net -30% only seems right if the limitation applies to all attacks, making you incapable of harming anything but insubstantial foes with all ST-based attacks.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote