View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
kirbwarrior

Default Cosmic: ST-Based + Cone + Corrosion + Weapon

A player wants to emulate an attack from one of my favorite games (Holy Explosion in Final Fantasy Tactics) and I came up with a simple solution, just do a Corrosion Attack with ST-Based, Overhead, and Cone. However, there are complications;

A) ST-Based can't be on corrosion attacks (or many types)
2) ST-Based can't take Cone (or many other effects)
C) ST-Based doesn't take into account of equipped weapons

The first two seem like something you can solve with Cosmic. At first I was just going to use the +50% because it neither seemed too strong and I'm not even certain why damage type matters for it.

The latter I could see being a feature; Instead of using your thrust or swing, you must use a muscle-powered (melee?) weapon and you use any of it's damage modes, including how you use the weapon (if you had a polearm, you'd need room to swing it). The downsides of requiring not just a weapon but needing to use the weapon probably evenly weigh the extra damage (and MinST further keeps you from using absurdly powerful weapons).

Any thoughts? I'm entirely aware I might be low balling it, I tend to. Thank you ahead of time.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote