View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #29
Rupert

Default Re: Dirty Cheap Unkillable [Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I can get rid of an Extra Life with a bullet from a good sniper. With a .50 Barrett, I am dealing 6d×2 pi+ damage, which deals an average of 63 damage on a torso hit (126 damage to the vitals), and it is a weapon owned by civilians in the USA. With three shots, it is time to build a new character.

With the Unkillable 3 build though, you are back in twelve seconds, and you can keep coming back until they run out of bullets. Unless they actually drop an incendiary bomb on you, your primary issues deal with replacing your wardrobe. Of course, you also need to explain how you keep coming back to any witnesses.
I'd be wanting a chat with the GM after if they decided to clean off two Extra Lives like that, because interpreting it as "And you come back right here and now so they get to shoot you some more" seems very much against the spirit of the advantage. The way it's written, they shoot you dead, dead, dead, and then you reappear (quite possibly in the next scene), likely with them none the wiser. Hey, it turns out they shot your twin that even you didn't know you had! Or, they shot you, you were lying there, obviously dead, but it turns out you were only 'mostly dead' and a short stay in hospital sorted you out.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote