Thread: Ideas for Yrth
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #23
Astromancer

Default Re: Ideas for Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvannrederode View Post
At that point Robert Del a Pole is effectively a super, and there's little point to the matter other than the fact that he just needs physical protection while casting. He's able to shape earth on six cubic yards of earth at a time for as long as he concentrates. As long as he avoids rocks, or pauses to stop and work them separately, he's a one man canal building machine.

I don't mean to be a downer, but skill levels that far off the bell curve, NPC or otherwise, tend to do bad things to the game. IQ 17 is once in a couple of centuries...Magery 7 is god level (75 points + 40 point UB) Skills at 19 are beyond Master level, even for someone from TL8.

In a setting like Yrth where power levels tend be less cinematic, an NPC with that level of munchkin, and that specific to the task at hand, would give me serious pause.

But that's just me. YMMV.
He isn't there as a PC, and rules are for player characters. He's meant to be a one man construction team. It makes the building of the canal viable. But his he really more implausible than a Medieval society with magic that still works like Earth's Medieval society?
More implausible than no technological change for a thousand years? More implausible than no gunpowder?

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 10-14-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Astromancer is online now   Reply With Quote