Thread: Ideas for Yrth
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #22
cvannrederode

Default Re: Ideas for Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Note:Robert Del a Pole is an IQ 17 Magery 7 mage with a non-descript ring that lets him cast Earth College spells as if the local manna level was normal. The ring also has power enchantments that reduced the fatigue cost of ant Earth College spell by three. Assume that all Earth College spells useful to building a TL4 canal are known to Robert Del a Pole at skill level 25. Robert has skills in Engineering, Geology, and Hydrology, at QI+2.
At that point Robert Del a Pole is effectively a super, and there's little point to the matter other than the fact that he just needs physical protection while casting. He's able to shape earth on six cubic yards of earth at a time for as long as he concentrates. As long as he avoids rocks, or pauses to stop and work them separately, he's a one man canal building machine.

I don't mean to be a downer, but skill levels that far off the bell curve, NPC or otherwise, tend to do bad things to the game. IQ 17 is once in a couple of centuries...Magery 7 is god level (75 points + 40 point UB) Skills at 19 are beyond Master level, even for someone from TL8.

In a setting like Yrth where power levels tend be less cinematic, an NPC with that level of munchkin, and that specific to the task at hand, would give me serious pause.

But that's just me. YMMV.
cvannrederode is offline   Reply With Quote