Thread: 4 swings?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: 4 swings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmith1287 View Post
OK, i need to establish a baseline real quick because I think I'm now more confused than I was to begin with.

If you're wielding 2 weapons but with 0 advantages you only get to use one of them a turn, correct? If you choose all-out attack double, does this force you to use the offhand weapon, or can you make it with your main hand, granted it's balanced? So with Extra Attack 1, does this again force you to use a hand that has not attacked yet, or can it be done with that same hand?
All Out Attack double does not require you to use different weapons for the two attacks it allows. (Balanced also isn't relevant, unless you're using that to mean 'does not become unready'. You can AoA (Double) with an axe.) Likewise Rapid Strike can use the same weapon twice.

Unmodified Extra Attack does require you to use a bit that you haven't already attacked with. To remove that requirement, take the Multistrike enhancement.

To make use of two weapons at once offensively without special Advantages, Dual Weapon Attack allows two attacks with different weapons at a lower penalty than Rapid Strike, and you may be able to buy off the penalty as a technique.