View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #20
robertsconley

Default Re: Horses, encumbrance and travelling speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
One more thing - sort of a warning about Harn Manor. Although it is pretty detailed and has much in it that I admire as being reasonably accurate, it has some "non-historical" inaccuracies involved. If anything, it shortchanges the Manor holder some income.
It doesn't handle special resources well like say a copper mine, or a mill. It also doesn't handle the economics of towns and cities very well. But for the village manor it is superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
On the flip side, it also understates it outlay a little to the extent that shortfalls in income are somewhat balanced by shortfalls in outlay ;) All in all though, I would recommend Harn Manor to ANY serious GM looking to expand on a campaign tool for use with GURPS.
It also standalone, and comes with four worked examples of different Manor. You can also use it to generate Manors of standard sizes for world building. I did this for my Majestic Wilderlands Campaign. I started at 1,000 acres and make a worksheet for each manor size up to 5,000 acres. So I know how much money they made for their lords, how much scutage they gave. And various other economic information. Then when I generated the regional data I calculated based on how many of each size of manor was present.
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote