View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #37
Pursuivant

Default Re: Skill Lists And Limits For Teenage Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
In game terms, it isn't "I don't have to train at all . . . I was born this way!", but something closer to, "Each hour for you is like 20 hours for me," meaning the talented youth appears to need little or no training.
Combine a bit of training with Talent and/or outstanding IQ or DX score and you get an instant prodigy. The prodigy might need the same number of hours to improve to their maximum skill level as a normal person, but they start from a much higher baseline.

For example, Picasso & Mozart started off a brilliant child prodigies and got better as they matured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
This is why I'm not a huge fan of X hours = 1 point: The flat rates in the rules aren't just averages, but averages with error bars so huge that they don't really have much value. The learning-time reductions for Talents are probably adequate for groups of skills, but for individual interests, they're still not large enough.
It would be easy to have an enhancement for Talent which boosts learning speed for a specific skill or technique within its scope. Treat faster learning for all the skills in a Talent as a +50% leveled Cosmic enhancement, then pro-rate from there.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote