View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 03:53 AM   #36
RGTraynor

Default Re: Skill Lists And Limits For Teenage Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
You should look at that more closely. Note that not only did Nazism fail to become a global regime, it didn't even unify those central European territories during the years it occupied them. Never mind the resistances, they all had "puppet" regimes with some differences in laws from Germany and a non-negligible tendency to disagree with the German occupation forces, if admittedly a limited one, even on the pro-Nazi side of things.

It takes a century or two for brutal control to stamp out local particularlism and separatist tendencies too. No matter how you do it, you need a couple generations.
You should look at history more closely, because there are numerous examples of brutal empires thoroughly squashing subject peoples, very quickly into the bargain, and in some cases succeeding for centuries.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote