View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 01:31 AM   #31
Polydamas

Default Re: Handling Long-Range Musketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
No. Things like match grade ammunition do not improve weapon ergonomics.
Well, Acc is a handwave to cover disparate things, but the parts which reflect ability to point the weapon where you want it (bonuses for the form of the weapon, the use of a stock or sling, and optics) are always in play and bigger than the bonuses for match-grade ammunition or weapon quality which bring the point of aim and the point of impact closer together (about +1 each on an Acc 4-5 rifle). I can't think of any other things which modify Acc which just affect ballistics. TS p. 41 even suggests giving a weapon with broken sights Acc 0. So I don't think that reworking Acc to be just about accuracy over the sights and ignore precision would produce a drastic change in stat lines.

On the other hand, I see that in Pulp Guns 2 Hans chose to give most of the rifles in .22 LR Acc 3 rather than 4 or 5. Rifle shooters can chime in, but that looks like it might have more to do with the ballistics of the round than ergonomics.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 05-12-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote