View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
vitruvian

Default Re: 'Godlike' using GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Treat "Talent" as a power source with the weakness that your power can be interfered with by a failed resistance check against interaction skills (which counts as "Mundane Countermeasures"). Give each Talent an exotic advantage, and you're good to go.
Since only other Talents can interfere/resist, I'm not sure that counts as mundane; in a sense, it might be more like every Talent having the anti-power to every other Talent.

And of course, it only works on direct uses of their powers. A talent can resist the effect of another's superstrong punch, but if the same superstrong dude threw a jeep at you instead, well, sorry, that sucker's already in flight.

I'd make the Talent power modifier -10%; -5% for anti-powers and -5% for the Nuisance effect - talent use is perfectly obvious to other Talents within line of sight, even if there would normally be no noticeable effect (e.g., if you use Telekinesis or Mind Control in sight of another Talent, you stand out like a spotlight to them and they know it's you doing it; same for even passive things like having lots of DR or Regeneration or enhanced senses up and ready to use). For the resistance part, any Talent targeted directly by your powers can engage you in a Quick Contest of Will to prevent your power from taking effect on them. Ability uses will often also have associated FP costs, and you can apply the additional costs and penalties for repeated attempts from Psionics, I would think.

All that said, this should actually work quite well.

Last edited by vitruvian; 03-10-2012 at 06:33 PM.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote