View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Morphing into Strongman vs. Thinman question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Sounds like you want Improvised Forms from Powers (p75). This lets you vary the Racial Template as you add it.
I have that, but the extra Strength, for example, has to come from somewhere. My character has a limitation of features from IQ number of forms. So he can pull the scent of his dog form into his human form.
But if the biggest form he knows is a strapping human, he can't gain that form's actual strength. Because the human template is ST 10.

I know that GMs can make whatever racial templates they want. I just wanted to know RAW methods and how other players/GMs would do it.
Since Morph is about full mimicry and failing to actually take on the full provable physical traits of another feels like a failure of advantage.

This may go in reverse too. Morphing to mimic me wouldn't give the character my severe nearsightedness. Sure, that's a disadvantage. But it would mean they couldn't wear glasses thereby failing to pass as me. (Contacts would be too thick for me to wear -7.00)