View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
Grey_Fox

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

Godfrey had been standing silently during the proceedings of the letter reading, it was clear that his uncle's death came as no surprise but the sadness could be seen on his face as clear as the many small scars and stubble covering it, His silver hair was messy even though it was kept short, it was clear he had had little time to prepare himself before coming to the summons of Walton, he wore his guard uniform as he did always, we has not one to stand on ceremony.

Quote:
"You did NOT see the best of me yet! Pick between yourselves whomever you wish to, I shall not be a part of this charade. As much as I am concerned, Wally can burn in Hell!"
Godfrey offers a stern scowl to Lord Astaron as he leaves, but says nothing. Then he addresses the group.

"I make no secret of the fact that I have no wish to rule, however I also wish to see my uncle's lands preserved in a manor fitting him. He was a good man, and an honest man, his people deserve no less in his successor than that. If the decision is made by those gathered here for me to rule I will dedicate myself to trying to honour the memory of Walton, if not then so be it, but know this I will not see Walton's enemies and rivals tear apart this barony like the jackals and vultures they are!"

With that he turns to Grok, who he had long ago been taught by Walton to treat as an equal, and with sadness welling up inside of him he asked,

"Grok you were with him during his final hours, tell me what were the last words my uncle spoke?"
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote