View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #983
DaltonS

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I'm not seeing that on a ship I just saved & reloaded. I don't think that should have been an issue with previously saved ships, either, since the issue I fixed was with the Design Table not respecting the state of the button in regards to displaying the results. (note that Troop Strength is always calculated, regardless of the checkbox; technically the checkbox only affects whether or not that information will be displayed on the ship and the output sheets).
Oh, this is weird. When I imported my saved ships to the "Unofficial Ships" sheet of the RC31 version and loaded my Martian “Gas” Station the "Calculate Troop Strength" option was off as it should be, but when I clicked the "Hide Unused Rows" checkbox it was turned on. Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Any time you reset the design table, save, or reload a ship there are a series of checkboxes on the right-side of the dialog box where you can choose which sections to save, load, or reset. What you want to do is create a "dummy" ship - name it Mars Campaign Settings or something - and save just the Campaign Options (this is the information from the same-named tab) and the Ship Options (this is the information from the Design Table from the Ship Options, Features, etc section of the sheet). Then you can reload this before you start a new ship.
So basically create a template ship (not a dummy, we have to be smart about this ;) ) with all the Design Switches & Features and Campaign Settings preset but no systems or size defined (setting the TL and the name should be okay) and save it? Makes sense. I was thinking that the Campaign Setting was an independent entity from the ship but I guess it doesn't have to be if a template can be used. Just have to remember to save the template with the focus on the Design Table so that will appear when I reload it and change the name and SM immediately after that.
Dalton “Good Idea! Why can't I have more of those?” Spence

Last edited by DaltonS; 09-28-2020 at 10:41 AM.
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote