View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #14
Bithlord

Default Re: Some questions I haven't been able to find the answers to

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We selected stores _near_ our primary distributors. We have a limited number of staff we can send out, so we were forced to make store choices based on more than just "this is a good game store."

Next week, we have prerelease events in Minnesota and one in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The following week, there's a prerelease event at The Compleat Strategist in NYC. All of those locations were chosen for reasons beyond "good store!"
I get that there were valid reasons for any given selection. There's still none within a two hour drive for me :). I get why they are spaced where they are, but they aren't an option for me. I'd love to try the game out, and I plan on buying a starter when they show up at my local store(s), since that's the only option I have for it.

I just wish there had been a set of print and play demo decks when per-release purchases were an option so I could try it out then. *shrug* Nothing will ever please everyone, nor is everything ideal for everyone. I'm just in the (hopefully smaller) category with this particular release model I guess.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote