Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #115
Hemlock

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter
No -- because I *do* know what kind of power it would take; in a way,
Lasers and such put me through college (let's just say for me "Star Wars"
isn't just a movie...). For lasers and mass-drivers as downrated as CW's are,
an IC engine with a generator is well within the realm of possibility.

The same argument could be used to say they could.

Stop trying to cover for the blundering of the "Gang Of Four" lo those many
years ago -- it's not helping put the game back on a footing where it will
bring in new players.

The other mistake you seem to be making is that you are bringing Real World and Fiction together. CW is about a purely fictional future ... it wasn't meant to be a realistic representation of vehicle combat ... it was meant to be a game. Fun. Not Serious.

If you want a realistic representation of vehicle combat, join the Army and go to Iraq. You'll see 'realistic vehicle combat' ... I've seen .50 Cal rip apart an armored vehicle in real life. In game terms a .50 is only a 'MG' ... and it can take 5-10 seconds of pounding to penetrate the armor of a game car. In the real world, the concussive effects of a .50 round going thru a vehicle will kill the occupants; in game terms, MGs which penetrate the armor will hit only one item on the interior.

OTOH, if you are interested in a GAME, then play CW. And deal with 'silly' rules that don't (in your opinion) reflect reality... because if CW really did reflect reality, it would be even more deadly than it is ...

Stop trying to change CW rules to reflect reality, because CW isn't reality. And real combat sucks even more than CW combat does.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote