Thread: Grappling
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Grappling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
In your specific example of legs being grappled, I’d allow the use of any hand-held weapons with no effect on Reach or Range. I’d probably assign a penalty to attack rolls, anywhere from a -1 to -4 depending on how important footwork is to wielding the weapon.
Well, keep in mind there is already the hefty DX -4 penalty from just being Grappled.

My thoughts† are to use 'common sense' (which is how I've resolved similar issues in my games in the past), and allow attacks out of the Grapple if they make sense (in other words attacking another foe, or in this case the spiders, and not the webs grappling the character).

† Full disclosure, I am the Player who's Character stepped boldly into the webs with a Reach 1,2 weapon and is now in a rather sticky situation. I also haven't read the adventure text, so I'm guessing it says something like "the webs grapple with ST XX" and nothing else. And let's keep the XX a secret eh? I haven't tried to break-free yet (I didn't realize how bad the situation was until I reread the grappling and close combat rules).

This'll learn the Party to go into dark basements without torches... ;)
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote