View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #10
corwyn

Default Re: Countering a "flurry” of deceptive attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Oh I get it, the defense and striking options are pretty good indeed, thanks! In attention to your comments:

1. The NPC has "Extra attack 2" enhanced with Powers 49, Multi-Strike: You can strike more than once with the same weapon or body part. This means you can launch more attacks than you have limbs, natural weapons, and attack abilities. You can use your best attack multiple times.

I understood this NPC is capable of striking more than once using whatever skill (i.e. double attack), Am I wrong?
No, that's correct. With EA 2, he can attack 3 times with any limb/weapon. However, only one of these can Rapid Strike. I'm not sure what you mean by Double Attack - do you mean Rapid Strike?

Quote:

B. If I employ sacrificial parry, do I lose an active defense? (I suppose not, but I think I might get a penalty to my parry on the next turn).
The latter; SP "uses up" one of your parries so the usual penalty for multiple parries applies.

Quote:
C. Which tactics could I employ to boost my defenses/attacks using teamwork? At least two members of the party have “Teamwork: Party” (including myself).

4. The evaluate maneuver sounds good:
A. Can I run, then evaluate?
B. What happens if the NPC attacks me while I am evaluating, do I lose “track”? Will I need to restart?
Evaluate allows only a Step. Active Defense does not interrupt Evaluate. This is all in Basic Set 2.
Quote:

5. Retreating. I don't know why, one of the players said I cannot "retreat forward" only backwards. I thought I could do it so I always try; but he keeps saying "no, you can't). I will appreciate it if you could clarify this to me.
That is true; in order to retreat you must end up farther away than when you started. Martial Arts has a Sideslip which allows you to stay the same distance from the attacking opponent. I don't know of any retreat option that allows you to close distance.

Quote:

6. I started playing GURPS almost 3 months ago, but I believe I once read that flexibility gives you a bonus to an active defense; have you ever seen something like that?
No, never.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote