View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Countering a "flurry” of deceptive attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
1. Double attack sword: Feint & Feint
2. Extra attack 1, double attack sword: Deceptive (– 4 to skill – 2 to defenses, that’s the limit)
3. Extra attack 2, double attack sword: Feint & Deceptive attack (– 4)
A single feint is good for all remaining attacks in a turn or all attacks in the next turn; he doesn't need to feint twice and could make another attack.

In Step 3, he can't make another double attack: you're only allowed to turn 1 attack per turn into a rapid strike or double weapon attack (B 370).

Quote:
Example sequence of his defense (Martial Arts + Basic)

Aggressive parry, deceptive (Also, It seems that their aggressive parries might stop my double attacks)
- OR -
1. Counter-attack:
a. Double attack sword: Feint & Feint
b. Extra attack 1, double attack sword: Deceptive (– 4 to skill – 2 to defenses, that’s the limit)
c. Extra attack 2, double attack sword: Feint & Deceptive attack (– 4)
Aggressive Parry is only allowed for unarmed skills (MA 65). Parrying (aggressively or otherwise) doesn't stop Dual Weapon Attacks/Rapid Strikes, though a two-handed weapon can use the Dual Weapon Parry technique (MA 83) to parry both attacks in a single parry attempt.

Again, he can't split his attack into a rapid strike or dual weapon attack more than once per turn.

Quote:
And, is it possible to perform a flurry of deceptive attacks? Are those effects going to stack (besides the penalties to continuous parries?)

My character's basic battle-stats are: 20 SL for combat skills, 13 for dodge and 17 for parries. I also have teamwork and acrobatics.
It's certainly legal, if you're skilled enough, to make an attack sequence like this:
Feint
Attack at -10 to hit, -5 to defend (uses Extra Attack 1)
Rapid strike at -10 to hit, -2 to defend and at -10 to hit, -2 to defend (uses Extra Attack 2, split into a rapid strike, each strike launched as a rapid strike with -4 to hit and -2 to defend).

I would advise Retreating from this guy, as your retreat gives you a bonus against all his attacks (as they come from one guy). Your defenses should look like Parry-18 (right hand), Parry-18 (left hand), Dodge-18 (with Acrobatics), Dodge-16 for all remaining attacks.