View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
Varyon

Default Re: What template&lense Can I use in post-apoca' with huge Monster&Mushroom

As noted After the End and Zombies will be useful for templates and setting building. Monster Hunters, which it sounds like you already have some of, may also be of use if you want your characters hunting monsters (although if the "monsters" are more like the Infected from The Last of Us, which I'd assume from the Mushroom reference in the title, After the End and Zombies will suffice).

For gear, that's going to depend on how in-depth you want to go, and the TL of the setting prior to the apocalypse. For more melee weapon options, Martial Arts and Low Tech may be of use. For more firearms, High Tech is indispensable. For better armor rules, Low Tech again, particularly combined with the Armor Design articles from Pyramid (TL0-4 in #3/52; TL5-9 in #3/85; TL9-12 in #3/96).

For Fallout or The Last of Us, I'd mostly suggest After the End and High Tech, with Zombies as optional to help with building the monsters in The Last of Us. The TL9+ gear in Fallout is pretty much all superscience anyway, and the stats for beam weapons and battlesuits in Basic will probably suffice. More setting information will allow us to make better suggestions, of course.