View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
It probably would make things too complex for Dungeon Fantasy but it would be cool for regular GURPS DF. I love lots of powers. I am sort of sad psionics got cut out. As far as faerie go though I have been trying to make something like glamour levels to represent how strong the faerie energy is in the mortal realm. I feel it is the connection of the mortal world to the faerie realm, the higher the level the stronger it is. The glamour level goes up on full moons and on holidays like Halloween. The higher the glamour level the easier it is for faerie to enter into the mortal realm and the easier it is for them to make magical items and contraptions or spin straw into gold. In high glamour areas a faerie could make a contraption that flies out of leaves and sticks while when the glamour level falls the contraption becomes just ordinary materials. A Wizard will know glamour is made of magic but it would not be in a form where his spells would be able to capture it.
Some of the background details in Citadel at Nordvorn indicate this, and some of the plot elements show how the Faerie are growing stronger. Rather than separate a whole different power level, I'd likely do something like say "In the Faerie pocket dimensions of svartalfheim, fae treat mana levels as high; if dealing with a mortal who has broken a faerie promise, spells cost less fatigue/are cast at a bonus/may be maintained for free."

So from that perspective, while I won't be adding extra rules, I will be giving you the flavor you want.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote