View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 03:51 AM   #7
(E)

Default Re: [Skills, house rule] Unaging and skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
Don't forget the Dabbler Perk for things between default and 1 point.
Thanks for that reminder completely forgot dabbler.

Had a quick look at the numbers

Each available skill group will include Dabbler (skills in the group) Accelerated learning 2 (skills in the group, up to old maximum) which come out at 8 points. Personally I think it should be cheaper so 5 points per available skill package.

Selecting a skill package is a type of modular ability and a rough eyeball puts the packages at close enough to 1 point in modular ability equals 1 point in skill. Breaking it into packages is a somewhere between a restriction and a special effect but this is balanced out by the various perks which may logically remain regardless of how practiced the skill is. So 24 points per skill package and 36 points points for a package with an extra level in all skills.

Package will follow a basic structure combat skill packages for example will have the main skill, an Art version, a relevant Craft skill and a philosophy. Player selected but steered towards a very broad foundation.*
1/2/(4 or 8) structure to each package.

*I ran the "elven" approach past one player and he came up with an elven martial art, primary skills; Breath control, philosophy. Weapon skill an after thought.
"first you must learn to breathe, then I will teach you to move, then I will teach you where to move to, once you have mastered these things I will teach you strike"
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote