View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #74
whswhs

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#40): Discriminatory Senses, Sensitive Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
It occured to me, however, that instead of buying Work By Touch for multiple skills, at some point, Sensitive Touch that worked with Telekinesis would be simpler and cheaper.
In fact, it becomes cheaper at two skills, if you assume the standard cost, or three skills, if you charge extra for being usable at range.

I would say, though, that you could plausibly have Sensitive Touch for TK without having the extra nerve endings to give it to you for your body (perhaps by mentally shrinking your TK "hands"; and you might be able to have it in your body without having it in your TK "hands." These are two different sets of manipulators, after all. I'd call +50% for the Telekinetic modifier on Sensitive Touch, which would make it work for TK hands instead of physical hands. At that point you avoid Work by Touch penalties for a potentially unlimited range of skills.

Another option, though, is to buy Talent for TK. Surely that ought to compensate for working by touch! And if you take the maximum 20 points, you have only a -1 penalty for working blind, and you get a lot of other benefits.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote