View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #4370
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
If you're listening very closely you can hear Nisroc say "Got it." He's very close to the entrance.

Ryuki is closer. He sees his old friend taunting Von Galen and clearly does not like it. He counts the people in the room and comes to a decision ((that is intended to wrap up this thread so I can start in with the next, more down-to-earth one)). He steps solidly into the tent and explains himself.

"Me. You," he points to the Malakite, "a footsoldier. You and you," Corat and Sunae, but he's mindful that Von Galen is listening, "living on the edge. Her," Cameron, "born yesterday. No offense. Him," he looks around to see whether Glen has bugged out yet and shrugs. "We're nobodies. This is the largest war in the universe just gone to the next level, and they sent us. I don't like it." He'd shake Mitch's hand if he thought he'd accept it right now. Truth came from there. "This is going to sound really weird coming from me, but this is way above my pay grade."

He turns around to exit, placing his foot down to get some leverage. Corat drops his flicking finger, dumbfounded but not so dumbfounded as to let the ethereal go.
((Since no one has challenged this--granted, we all have world-shaking stuff to deal with--I'm going to let Ryuki flounce. Take your parting shots, do what seems right for your character, and then I'm going to sort out how and whether and where to get the last part of the story rolling.))

Secretly he'd hoped someone would stop him. Surely things hadn't gotten this bad, surely he hadn't been wedged into the situation, surely the G--damned angels hadn't made such a thundering misjudgment. Judgement herself, no less, unless this was just another test, and he was losing patience with real situations being used as what ifs.

Ryuki pushed his way out the tent flap, only to come face to chest with Nisroc. Damn that guy was tall, and standing in such a way that he couldn't push past him. "I'm going." He tried to slip past the angel's side without success.

"Run. Run and hide. Go somewhere where I can't find you, where my people can't find you, so that if the archangels ask before I've convinced them and myself that you should be trusted again then I can tell them that I don't know where the Hell you are."

Corat's grip loosens. Von Galen considers running for it.

Ryuki's mask is ten feet thick, but he's never lost eye contact with this formidable creature. "Noted."

When no more words are forthcoming, Nisroc lets him pass. He points at Von Galen, "I'll take care of that guy."

He tries to stand, thinking he'll go straight through--or under--the wall of the tent if he has to.