View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
Kirk

Default Re: Examining "Once Per Day" in TFT: Solution or Problem?

I agree wholeheartedly, Jim. Very, very little should be structured like D and D, cuz... itīs awful.

There are reasons TFT is a great RPG, and you make the correct points.

I didnīt want to get into it with anyone who thinks playing D and D is fun, that is up to them.

But for those that understand why TFT is unique and a game I and my friends will still play after 40 years is a culmination of these fundamental concepts.

Once a day is a kluge, a cheat, and will destroy a piece of what makes TFT worth playing. I hope SJ never uses the proto matter to resurrect TFT.

We could discuss moving to a flat odds curve, say with a single d20, because that would be another disaster for the system.

Next step would be eliminating hexes and just using feet radius for each spell in a giant book of spells with hard to remember details, all of which can only be cast once a day. Make sure to put adolescent monster art on the cover.

Weīll need demonic levels of hell, armor classes, and a lot of stats that are hardly ever used.

What else could we do to ensure an updated and modern TFT that appeals to everyone?

Oh, right, expensive, hard to store, and bulky metal minis instead of convenient and interesting and easy to manage counters.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote