View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #33
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Before doing anything else, Kane decides he should probably check in as ordered -- he's heard Ryuki's response and needs to bring it to the ears of his boss.

The next day, he takes a trip out to Mount Diablo on the East Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Diablo) ... from what he can tell after scouring some maps and tourist pamphlets, that seems the most likely spot for him to attract David's attention. As soon as he finds a quiet spot, he sets himself down, pulls out the guitar and begins to play softly, attempting to invoke David as he does.

If that fails, he'll continue the tune and try for Eli instead ... one pamphlet mentioned that the local tribes considered this the point from which the world was created, so the Artist might be keeping an ear out.
"You know," a voice comes from around the peak, speaking between breaths, "this would be a lot easier from the bottom of the mountain." He comes into sight, looking for all the world like a scruffy and out-of-shape John Goodman. Yet looks are deceiving; his presence hums of archangel, and if there was any doubt which one the cloud of happily feeding mosquitoes sets that to rest. Especially since mosquitoes aren't known for breeding in January on mountaintops, and they generally only feed on humans when they're breeding. He leans over, hands on knees, and pants to catch his breath. After a couple of false starts he speaks again.

"But, I suppose, that's why David wanted me to answer this. Said I should get in shape, which is his way of saying I should pick my vessels more carefully. Hey, at least I remember clothes most of the time."

He scratches himself, careful not to hurt the mosquitoes, and looks at Kane, resisting the urge to grab the guitar and 'tune' it. "So, did you get the Squeaky Hammer?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-29-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: wrong muse
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote