View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
Lucius Drake

Default In Nomine: Marketing

In response to comment by Archangel Beth about needing a new topic for this!

1) How good/bad has In Nomine marketing been in your areas?
2) Would you have paid more attention with a different marketing style?
3) What needs to change?
4) Would you be interested in a fresh marketing approach (hopefully accompanied by new products)?

Here in New Zealand, the only reason I knew about IN was that my friend (and GM) is an MiB, and also happens to be a rabid In Nomine fan ("and lo, I hath been converted :P). I doubt that I would ever have found out about it by myself. Either that, or I would have dropped in on my FLGS, seen it, been confused by the lack of support/clarity, and left it alone.

For me to have got into In Nomine is nothing short of amazing serendipity (ha! thought I was going to say "miracle"?). There was no marketing device that led me to it. Had there been a marketing campaign, I would have paid a great deal more attention, and may even have found the game independently.

I would like to see In Nomine being represented to the public better. Most of the people that I already know either play In Nomine with our group, or are most interested in "Vampire: The Teen-Angst"! Perhaps what we need to do here in NZ is to showcase the world. People like Angels and Demons, people like the idea of cool cinematic action. If we show people that these both exist in one mega-cool setting, and then teach them the system, without letting them read the Core Rules, I believe we could convert people to IN.

(The Point about not reading the Core Rules as a new player cannot be stressed enough, the layout is confusing enough as an experienced player :))

As a response to my own final question - I would very much be interested in a fresh launch with new/repackaged material. This would entail:

A new, reorganised, core rule book.

An Extended Players Guide (Infernal & Angelic packed together into one core rulebook)

A GMs book (GMs guide, Servitorum, You Are Here)

Goodies book! (Canticorum & Reliquarium together)

I'm not sure what to do with the Superiors volumes... maybe when all of them are written up (fingers crossed), there could be a bumper book of AAs? Or two volumes for each side? I know that more books equals more money (in theory), but practically I think it means that fewer sales are made... I'm no economist though.

My 2? Essence.

Please post rabidly and fanatically! Just remember that the posts have to be coherently rabid and fanatical :P