Thread: FnordCon Update
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #42
Tom H.

Default Re: FnordCon Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
I like item 3. It should be hard with cars zipping around to line up a shot. Very good sign.
Yes and no.

It is good that I struggled to easily maneuver my damaged vehicle (while I was trying to point my front weapons.)

However, the problem is that side weapons became significant. This seems less realistic to me.

I would propose a mechanic to reinforce the utility of forward firing weapons, say to reroll one of your attack dice when firing forward weapons (rerolling dice is a mechanic). (Or alternatively, penalize side weapon accuracy.)

The technological state of 2100 aside, targeting and attacking in the direction your vehicle moves conforms better to the reality of dogfights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
Item 2 - "Persisting with a vehicle that degrades in ability" I don't know what that means but I laughed. My vehicle definitely meets this criteria. Are you saying making a maneuver permanently degrades your vehicle?
Here is an overview of how and why the integrated state of your vehicle diminishes.
  • Tire damage is linked to loss of control and speed
  • Fire (burning) impacts control or damage
  • Explosive weapon damage impacts control
  • Control improves defense and maneuverability
  • Speed improves defense and decreases maneuverability
  • (Vicious cycle: control impacts skids which impact tire damage, ergo see first point.)
So as your car accumulates damage, most of your abilities become impaired. This also provides entertaining (if not stressful) resource management.

By the way, the game system manages all this without a lot of effort (great work).
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote