View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: Help creating a Familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcyRdz View Post
Is it an advantage, a skill? how does this work? please help me. ^.^

Oh, by the way, I am new to GURPS, so if you use FP for "Fatigue Points" and stuff like that, I would appreciate if you say what the letters stand for so I can understand better... I'd really appreciate it... thank you!!!
A'ight, what you want is to buy an ER (Energy Reserve) Advantage for Magic, which is basically just like Fatigue that can only be used on Magic abilities. This concept is introduced in Powers, so if you don't want to buy that and don't feel comfortable operating off my description here, just call it extra FP (Fatigue Points) because it costs the same and that's good enough for jazz.

The advantages to ER over FP are that you won't be reeling from exhaustion and at 1/2 Move and Dodge if you use up more than 2/3 of it, and also that it recovers independently and concurrently with FP.

You can stick a Limitation on there called Provided by Familiar for -40%, so that if you are separated from your familiar, it is killed, etc you can't draw on its energy, but there's an even better one introduced in DF 5 called Drains Familiar for -50% that works the same way except that using it also reduces your familiar's FP reserve.

So for example, if your familiar provides you with 10 ER that can only be used on magic stuff and drains its FP, it would look like:

Energy Reserve x10 (Magic) (Drains Familiar -50%) [15].
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote