View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #16
Icelander

Default Re: Mesopotamian Vampire

I usually don't worry about the point cost of abilities for NPCs, but the player expressed a desire to buy a particular vampire, Ahhusha, as an Ally, after meeting her Domination Gaze with with a Power Gaze of his own and obtaining control over her through sexual blood exchange, rather than vice versa.

Does anyone have suggestions for what to use as the basis for the ability of a vampire to give up her own blood to heal HP and FP at a 1:1 basis, only one of each per turn? It's weaker than Healing and not obviously as useful in combat, not to mention that it only switches around who is wounded/fatigued, but it's clearly worth points.

Can Leech be modified to Affect Others, with possibly another modifier that Leeched FP and HP can be stored in a special Energy Reserve that the vampire can use later to heal herself or others, if HP and FP are already full when Leech is used?

If the blood also gives some powers and establishes a Special Rapport with the person who consumes it, that might be a Perk or a full-blown Affliction with Blood Agent. I imagine that the most powerful vampires have Dominance, but for the weaker ones, I'm looking for a version mid-way between Dominance and Infectious Attack, i.e. those you bite might be more suspectable to your influence (and Influence skills) and those you feed your blood are potentially your Allies, but not to the extent of Slave Mentality.

Should I modify Dominance? Use Affliction?

I'm thinking that I'd take various Disadvantages related to being a mobile dead body, with a Mitigator that spending FP derived from drinking blood may allow them to mimic mortals for some time. Maybe 1 FP per 6 hours for mimicing human body heat, 1 FP for being able to eat or drink for one meal (so 2 FP per normal meal), 1-2 FP for enjoying sexual relations (longer for longer periods, so maybe 1 FP per 15 minutes) and suchlike. Basically, biological processes are possible, but cost FP/ER that can only be recovered by drinking human (or humanoid) blood.

What's a fair price for this as a Mitigator to Disadvantages other than No Body Heat or Pallor (where it is already described in Basic)? Also, is being unable to derive substance from normal food a Disadvantage larger than a Quirk?

They'll have Doesn't Eat or Drink, with Draining and/or Dependency to force them to drink human blood, but the fact that they have to spend FP to be able to enjoy food or wine, not to mention not to alarm others by never seeming to eat, seems like a modest Supernatural Feature that will help others identify them.

Also, can I modify Dependency so that the vampires do not lose HP if they do not feed, but instead lose IQ, Will and their Disadvantages get progressively more severe, so that they eventually become Bestial monsters without sentience? I'm inclined to treat it as a +0% Special Effect, with each lost HP instead counting as 2 characer points of lost Attributes, Advantages or added Disadvantages, decided by the GM.

As the vampires have Unkillable, Dependency won't kill them anyway and having them be berserking savage beasts instead of comatose once they've been without blood long enough seems like a (nasty) special effect, in that it can be both good (the vampire kills her enemies) or bad (the vampire tears her allies to pieces) for the character.

I've come to the conclusion that I want the vampires to need blood on a daily basis, because of Draining and the requirement for fueling their powers (and probably feeding their Disadvantages, as they need FPs to maintain biological processes), but that their Dependency is actually for 'life energy', which they can also Leech.

I'd want that to work similarly to the above, i.e. not actually Leech HP or FP in that case, but actually character points and the GM decides in each case which traits are lost, usually starting with any unusual powers or abilities that the other party has, then notable extraordinary talents or gifts, then anything else that makes them out of the ordinary and only then starting on any weak areas. It would be a much less efficient way to kill or disable someone than draining only a single trait and the flexibility isn't as valuable when the GM decides where it is targeted, but I suppose that being able to target powerful extraordinary abilities without knowing exactly what they are is useful. I'm inclined to have each level of Leech drain 2-3 character points of abilities, but I don't know what kind of Enhancement that ought to be.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-08-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote