View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #12
PTTG

Default Re: Catalog of the Weird Parallels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The big overturn here is age. Is there a mechanism to give people a chance at retiring rather than being killed when they are too old to fight, jungle-book style?

Can you challenge any superior, or do you have to fight your way up the chain?

I can see this leading to a lot of unemployment and nepotism. Over time of course. right now its just the aftermath of a reality quake.

--------------------------------------------------------

With the invisible world I'd expect recruiting would be mostly done through robots, cameras (I mean microphones), and quick snatch and grab operations. Throwing a team of PC's at it will get results. But tricky tricky. good one.
Thanks! As for Chandler, one can simply step down when challenged, but everyone recognizes that as total defeat unless the power disparity is immense. Simply retiring (complete with gold watch, benefits package, etc.,) before someone challenges you at all is also an option.

Once a challenge is proposed, however, you will win or you will die.

If you lack any claim at all to a position, those under you will be restive and very likely to challenge you in turn, and furthermore there is somewhat less loss of face if one turns down a challenge with someone who has no claim to your position. However, if you repeatedly turn down challenges from even the most irrelevant opponents, you will quickly lose all legitimacy.
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote