View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #32
Phantasm

Default Re: Marvel-DC World Building Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Yeah, that's why I mentioned Unwilling. It's an Ally limitation by RAW, but I think it can be generalised to Patron. It doesn't make a complete write-up, but it's a start.

Did he have any special protection in the TV series? I don't properly recall much about it.
Not sure. He didn't get into too much detail with his abilities and protections when he guest-starred in season 4 of Arrow (from what I could tell, same guy). All I took away from his own series was "gypsy magic is the blackest of all magic", which is a total load of phooey. They cast him convincingly, but the scripts were clearly written by someone who didn't know the character. (Contrast with movie!Constantine, which had good (though not great) writing and lore consistent with the character, DC metaphysics, and DC history, but was clearly miscast as a vehicle for three actors' careers over all other considerations.)

He did transfer some tattoo-like protective runes from himself to Ollie in an island flashback scene, though. Seemed to trigger when Ollie got too close to a mystic power source relic, IIRC. I'd imagine TV!Constantine could get his hands on similar protection tats.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote