View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #121
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Leonidas needs help here. I am having an issue with SHVY Tanks. I see that multiple D results have no effect. However, if a SHVY Tank (disabled in the previous turn) gets a disabled result as a side outcome on his optional damage chart (and not on the standard CRT), I should just ignore it? And the SHVY tank will recover as nothing has happened. I understand that multiple or subsequent D results on CRT do not are ignored and the SHVY tank will recover based on the timing of the first D result. However, a disabled status on the optional damage chart can happen only after a X result which allows to do the second roll on the optional damage chart. Are these situations always treated the same?

Second issue about troop transport. I am wondering if it would make more sense if the INF could dismount the vehicle on any adjacent hex, and then stop. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks.

Leonidas
Not quite following what you are asking about the SHVY. I think you are saying you are using Optional rule 13.07 for partial damage? If that's the case, then yes; a second Disabled result against an already disabled SHVY has no effect, regardless where that second D result came from. The important part is "D results don’t combine into an X."

As for the INF dismounting; INF are able to dismount at any time during the transport's movement, as long as the INF have not also mounted in the same turn. There is nothing that says INF have to ride a unit its full movement before dismounting; they can get off at any point.

From a scale perspective, think about how having them dismount to an adjacent hex would allow too much movement. They could ride a SHVY for 3 hexes, then dismount into a fourth hex, effectively doubling their movement. That also means they would be jumping an additional 1.5km away from the unit they were riding, which doesn't make sense. Dismounting is meant to be "getting off the unit in the same hex" which is a lot more reasonable; especially since dismounting takes all their movement for the turn to do it.