View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #16
Grunker

Default Re: Help needed with leveled powers

Quote:
That was my thought too. Without Mal, you can just fire the attack and it hits everything in a cone. Add Mal, and it costs more, plus you need to make an opposed roll vs each target to affect them. If he just wants to add a resistance roll to a cone attack, there's the Resistable limitation (though that's not an opposed roll, just a penalized HT roll).
That works ALOT better than an opposed roll for the purposes of this power. Actually, malediction is a left-over from when this power didn't have No Wounding, and it just never occurred to me to remove it! But you're right of course, it makes perfect sense to remove malediction. It also helps make this power cheaper which I've been looking for ways to do.

Quote:
Absolutely! Well, knockback by itself carries the possibility of knocking down and stunning targets. But you can also add Side Effect (Stun) for +50% (Basic pg.109). This means that on any hit, the targets roll HT vs 1/2 the penetrating damage, or suffer from stun. If the attack is supposed to be a concussive blast or sonic wave, you could add a Secondary effect like Deafness.
Deafness wouldn't really fit in lore-wise and I'm trying to stay true to the Witcher books. For the stunning - thanks a bunch! However, will the blunt trauma damage, which is the only damage this power deals, be enough to justify a +50% enhancement for a very small chance to stun? I mean even at level 5 the blunt trauma this power deals isn't that impressive and will rarely mean anything more than a HT-roll vs. maybe 5 (since it's just half the damage dealt).

Is there a way around this? Maybe a way to base it on the basic damage?
Grunker is offline   Reply With Quote