View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #1459
chandley

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
https://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man%27s_Web-Shooters mentions "After about one to two hours, certain imbibed esters cause the solid form of the web fluid to dissolve into a powder."

To get this with Binding, what approach would be proper?

1) assume 10 seconds based duration (page 101 under "Range, Area, and Duration for Advantages") and take Extended Duration 1000x +120% to get it past 2 hours

2) assume unlimited duration and take Maximum Duration (page 15 of GURPs Power Ups) either "Up to 1 hour -10%" or "Up to 12 hours -5%" ?
GURPS Powers seems to assume option 1... kind of. If you look at the build for Quicksand on p.139, you see that 10 seconds is the duration to trap _new_ victims. Current victims presumably remain bound.

So... Spideys webs generally are not sticky anyway, post him spraying them, so in this specific case, I'd go with your option 2 build: Victim stays trapped indefinitely unless you apply a limitation. The counter argument would be Ice Bonds on p. 138 which have no duration limitation but should logically melt at some point... though 10 seconds is a bit fast even there. I prefer to think of Ice Bonds as missing a limitation, given how Quicksand works.

Last edited by chandley; 03-28-2018 at 11:51 AM.
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote