View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #253
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
Never heard of it, but I will get it ASAP.
It's a very fun game in it's own right -- and there were extra Prestige Tables published in The General as I recall (it's an Avalon Hill game), which, if you can't find anywhere else, I will try to find a legal download of for you (though it might be hosted on the Web Archive or something). Naturally, it's out of print now, and the copies on Amazon are running near $100 (and more, over on E-bay). Boardgame Geek might have someone selling one for less, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
I think that metric literacy might have been higher in the late 1970s than now. My elementary and middle school had extensive indoctrination sessions...er, classes...on the metric system. I personally wouldn’t be offended if the metric system were replaced, but I can live with it staying.
That's probably true; I went through the same thing and we were constantly told how metric was coming, was right around the corner...wait for it...wait for it... But the reason I mentioned that is because Steve Jackson said something along the lines of "I think in feet and inches" not too long ago (check out the interview linked to earlier in the other thread), and, sadly, so do I. I'm not hard-over on it or anything, but it might be worth at least considering...or not, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by JLV; 01-09-2018 at 11:39 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote