View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Dalren

Default Armed "Unarmed" Parry

According to Power-Ups 2: Perks, the Unarmed Parry perk allows you to use a Melee Weapon skill (unmodified by the weapon's parry stat) to parry while unarmed (taking the normal -3 vs non-thrusting weapons and being susceptible to hand injuries). Is there a perk that would allow using an unarmed skill to parry while using a weapon (perhaps without the benefit of the weapon's parry stat)?

Specifically, I'm looking to see if it's viable to carry a quarterstaff for the purposes of reducing spell range penalties while still being able to use brawling parries with both hands. Perhaps Weapon Adaptation is the better perk to base this on, but as written it only allows unarmed skill adaptations for reach C weapons.

What I'm looking for also somewhat resembles Akimbo, basically letting you operate as if hands free while wielding weapons. Unfortunately, Akimbo as written is for one-handed weapon skills.

Finally, Pistol-Fist allows melee attacks and parries using Pistol specialties. This feels similar to what I'm looking for as well. Any suggestions as to which perk would be best adapted to what I'm looking for or any reason why you would not allow it? If allowed:
  1. Would you allow the +2 parry bonus from the staff to apply?
  2. Would parrying still be at -3 vs non-thrusting attacks (assuming an unarmed skill other than Karate or Judo)?
  3. Would parrying still risk injury to the hand (even though the parry was actually using the staff)?
Dalren is offline   Reply With Quote